Thursday, February 25, 2010

Len Tex Wallcovering

I have been searching for Wallcovering options for my convenience store, and I have yet to find the perfect one to fit my design concept - and I may just end up creating my own design or just stick with paint.

During my search, I found a really neat pattern from Len Tex. Pictured below is the pattern: Devon, from the Kensington Collection (Colorway: 8253 Divine Lime).



The face weight is available in either 21oz or 14 oz. From my understanding of the specifications, I am to speculate that this is a wallcovering composed of both fabric and vinyl. Its fabric weight is 3.0 oz, and its vinyl weight is 18 oz. The fabric type composing this wallcovering is a Poly Cotton Osnaburg. The width of whole bolt is 53/54."

Its fire rating is Class A in the ASTM E-84. It comes with a 5 year limited warranty, and it also has very extensive installation and maintenance instructions.

Len Tex is taking strides to reduce VOC emissions during the manufacturing process. The PVC scrap is cleaned, baled and re-sold to be fabricated into pipe for building construction; scrap woven fabric is baled, cleaned and re-sold for furniture finishing; all cardboard and office paper is donated to the local town recycling center. The also offer a durable top coat that offers a low VOC water-based urethane chemistry, called the Aqua-Clear. It not only assists with the ease of maintenance but also with enhancing/protecting the wallcovering itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment