Thursday, April 1, 2010

Architex

I am a total retro nerd to the core in terms of style, music, and especially design so when I saw an ad in Contract magazine that Architex created this new 60s Pop collection called "Summer of Love" - I had to check it out!

Low and behold, I found a fun and funky upholstery pattern inspired by the Beatles' album Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I am such a huge Beatles fan, so this was right up my alley!



The pattern, appropriately dubbed - Sgt Salt N Pepper, has 4 colorways all inspired by songs on the album - "Lucy", "Sky", "Sub", and "Rita" (pictured above).

The pattern is 54" wide, and it repeats every 14" x 15.5". The pattern is not railroaded, but its fabric weight is 1200 lbs. It is 100,000 double rubs which complies with standard commercial durability.

It contains 52% polyester, 44% acrylic, and 4% nylon. The front finish is Nano-Tex while the back is protected with Dura Block shield.

I have not been lucky to find any installation information on this fantastic fabric, but I do have some technical specs. It has undergone the AATAC 16 test for lightfastness, being rated for 40 hours of light exposure before color fades. It has been fire tested by the CAL 117 TB and UFAC Class 1.

It was rated W for cleaning code, which was not explained, but from what I've seen from other maintenance information on fabric sites is light spot cleaning with soap and water.

Now that there's a fabric inspired by the Beatles, think of all the other bands left to conquer the world of Interior Design! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment